So here's my Inside Spring Cleaning Guide (it's still WAY to cold to Spring Clean outside).
Spring Cleaning Must Haves:
- OXO Brushes, I love these brushes. I bought them at Target a couple of years ago and I use them all the time. They are way better then using an old toothbrush, the angled bristles and pointy rubber end come in handy cleaning everything, but especially the bathroom drains and around the faucet.
- Rubber Gloves (so important).
- Beeswax Wood Polish
- Baking Soda
- Vacuum (with attachments)
HOMEMADE LINEN SPRAY:
-3 Tablespoons Vodka
-20-25 drops of essential oils (in any combination you choose)-Distilled Water (around a cup to a cup and a half).
Spring Cleaning To Do's:
- Windows . . . the bane of every spring cleaners existence. All the windows, and the windows sills.
- Floors, all the floors! ugg. . .that's mean, taking area rugs outside, sweeping and mopping all stone and wood floors. I remove all the furniture that can be moved by me, if Lee's home I'll get him to move some of the larger pieces around. Bonus Points awarded for cleaning under large pieces like the couch.
- Dusting!! Double UGG . . . I always "dust" with the vacuum. I have some icky dust allergies to dusting the old fashioned way does not agree with me. I use the brush attachment and the upholstery attachment to dust everything!
- Use the brush attachment on your vacuum to clean your baseboards.
- Wipe down all light switches with damp cloth and a bit of rubbing alcohol if your worried about germs.
- Wash all window treatments . . . I don't wash them though, I just run them over with the upholstery attachment on the vacuum, then give them a spritz of linen spray!
- Clean ,and re-pot if necessary, houseplants. I use a damp cloth and wipe the dust off the leaves.
- Change the batteries in the smoke detectors
- Vacuum your couch, inside and out. Seriously get in there!
- Clean slipcovers
- Clean fireplace glass
- Dust Picture Frames (I do that with a damp cloth).
- Apply wax to coffee table.
- Re-seal grout
- Re-seal Granite
- If you have an older fridge that has uncovered coils you should definitely pull out your fridge and vacuum the dust off of the coils.
- Take everything off of the counters and clean them (then re-seal them if they are stone).
- Clean your stove top, I use a mild dish detergent and a sponge with a scrubby on the back.
- Clean your oven (hopefully it's self clean).
- Take everything out of the Fridge and clean everything, every bin, every shelf. Bonus points for cleaning off the bottles of sauce.
- Disinfect the garbage bin, a cap full of bleach and some warm water should do it.
- Wipe down Pendant lights, and any other surface that grease can land on.
- Clean Microwave inside and out. (a bowl of water with Lemon slices, microwave for 30 seconds, and leave to steam in the microwave for 5 min, then wipe out with a damp sponge).
- Polish all stainless steel and the chrome faucet!
- Wash all bed linen.
- Vacuum Mattress
- Flip Mattress
- If your pillows are machine washable . . . wash them. If they aren't throw them into the dryer for 10 min or so to kill all the dust mites. Bonus Points for a quick spritz of linen spray before putting them into the dryer.
- Vacuum under the bed!
- Use the little OXO Brush to clean around the faucets and the drains.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Clean the Toilet
- and the best tip I've ever found . . . to get all of the soap scum off of the shower glass, use a bounce sheet!!! Wet the shower walls and scrub with a bounce sheet, all the soap scum and water marks come off! It's amazing! But make sure to use gloves!
& Don't forget to Spring Clean the dog ;) A fresh groom and haircut was needed for Max!