We had a super productive weekend. Lee finished off our big bookcase project, everything except the ladder and track. We need about another month before that's done.
But late last night Lee attached the trim to the top and we were able to call it done!
Because it wasn't finished until late I don't have any pictures of the trim, but I do have a charming new rustic top to share.
Because of all the action going on up high, it pulled some focus from down below. The bookcases on the bottom seemed small and wimpy compared to the bookcases on the wall. We needed to do something drastic to bring some of the focus back down.
So we pulled out the bookcases another 6 inches, and added a thick, medium toned wood top!!!
We used two 8 foot, 2"x12" pieces of framing lumber at $13 a piece, which makes the top only a $26 dollar upgrade because we were able to use the leftover stain from our back door project.
Here's a sneak peek of the before: