At the start of the Spring and Fall seasons I make a little shopping list. Key pieces that I'm looking for. For me this is the BEST way to save money, add some great pieces to my wardrobe and save myself from poor quality impulse purchases.
I won't necessarily buy every item on my list, but it gives me a direction.
Modcloth and I would love it, and wear it all the time . . . and never get sick of it, and always treat it nice . . . teehee. If you like it you can find it Here.
2. I love a striped sweater! Navy and white so classic, it's from Here.
3. A 3/4 sleeve striped Tee, look for it here (sorry just found out it's sold out).
4. I need a new everyday jacket. I Love toggle buttons and the warm grey color. Mostly I love how long it is, I like to have my winter jackets covering my bum :). It gets cold in the winter and no one likes a cold tushie! You can find the Jacket here, on sale for $79!!!
5. A great pair of skinny jeans. The ONLY reason I'm buying skinny jeans is because they are way easier to wear with boots . . . otherwise the shape does NOT flatter my figure! Skinny Jeans make me look like a walking triangle!
6. These Boots! Man oh Man these boots! I have been searching for brown leather flat boots for a year now. I have abnormally skinny ankles and calves so finding boots that fit is a bit difficult! But I'm determined this year is #flatbootfindingyear! You can find them Here.
7.Yellow jeans, I'm sick of wearing plain old jeans all winter, a rustic yellow colored jean should break up the monotony. Here's the link.
8. Knitted Knee socks, to pop out of the top of my new boots!!! Here's the link.
9. Lastly, and most long awaited item on my list . . . a pair of hunter rain boots. I have always wanted a pair of Hunter Rain boots. I am so tired of buying things that wear out after a year or two. The last pair of cute rainboots only lasted me a year and a half before the heel ripped off. Waste of money. This is finally the year I'm going to get some hunter boots. But just like my Uggs I plan on buying them off craigslist! A lot of people get gifts they don't want and sell them for a discount on craigslist. My Ugg boots were a gift for someone who wasn't a size 7 so she sold them for about $50 less than I could buy them in the store!
Here are some of the ways I could pair up my finds with things already in my closet!!
Pants, earrings(Sorry sold out), bracelet (sold out), clutch, shoe-bootie.
Fall Day: Jacket, Dress, Necklace, Ring, Hunter Boots. Okay so I'm probably not going to wear a dress and rain boots, but the idea was too cute not to include!
Fall Outing: Earrings (sorry sold out as well), Denim Shirt, Black Pants, Ring, Tote (sorry sold out).
Rainy Fall: Umbrella, Earrings, Watch.
I think I broke the "Number of Links within one Blog Post" record! I hope you'll give making your own list a try, It really does save me money and keeps my closet full of well thought out clothes instead of a closet full of "Nothing to Wear"!
Now I'm dying to know, what pieces are your favorite!