"Many hands make light work."
We made some great progress on our little guest room this weekend. In total we hit 3 stores, Ikea, Home Depot and Target oh I lied 4 stores, I also made a trip to Jo-Ann fabrics.
At Ikea we bought a Queen size Aspelund Bed and two nightstands at $49.99 each I thought they were a great deal!
At Home Depot we bought our paint. Martha Stewart's Sharkey Gray!At Target we bought some plain white, grommet top curtains $24.99 for both panels.
and at Jo Ann Fabrics I picked up some red polka dot fabric, about 2 yards.
Lee painted while I sewed, it was a really nice weekend! Here's the progress we've made on the guest room:
There is still a TON more to do:
* Make some art work (DIY something)
* Sew a banner
* Paint Closet and install shelves to store craft supplies
* Change out the light . . . maybe a DIY shade??
* Spray the bed frame and nightstands maybe yellow?? (did I mention it's going to be BRIGHT)
* a little word art . . . more details later
* Some new finials for the curtain rod
* Sew a bright colorful quilt
* and I want to add a roller shade to the window to block the light, maybe a little ribbon trim :)
I was feeling like we were making good progress, I now feel a little overwhelmed at what's left to do, but we've got until December!! (yay for self imposed deadlines)