Ashli: For Now
Lee: pardon ? ? ?
Ashli: Nothing ;) hehe
We hung the last star this weekend and now the living room is done . . . for now. Like any die hard decorator I can't say any room is really DONE! because something will always come up . . . always. So I'll just say that for now we are very happy with the way our Living Room turned out.
This room is what Lee and I would look like if our marriage was a room :) Sounds crazy, hear me out!
- Lee is the giant couch. 109 inches of couch to be exact, with a big chaise coming off the side. I would be the smaller white slipcovered chairs in front of the window.
- Lee would be the Large end tables (made from Ikea Meltorp consoles, tutorial to come) and I would be the side tables beside the white chairs.
- Lee's the dark black frames above the fireplace, and I'm the glass lamps on the side tables.
- Lee's the WAY to big for the room T.V. (just say'in) and I'd be the white t.v. console underneath.
- Lee's the dark hardwood floors, I'm the light carpet.
- Lee's the coffee table and I'm the . . . . I just ran out of comparisons but you get the idea.
A peek in to how my mind works:
I chose a white pillow for the couch to bring some of the white from the chairs to the couch.
I chose beige striped pillows for the chairs to bring the beige from the couch to the chairs.
I chose to paint the stars on the mantel blue to match the color of the pillow on the couch.
Another explanation from my brain :) is the white ottoman, I really wanted a super casual, super comfy room to just kick back in. And you can't kick back with out putting your feet up. And our feet couldn't reach the coffee table from the chairs and so an Ottoman was necessary. I'm also Loving the extra storage it's giving us!
So in conclusion:
We love it now!
But never say never!