Here's how it looks:
or this: (excuse the sleeping Max :)
Here's how easy it is:
1) Here's how much fabric you'll need:
- 12" Pillow - Fabric 12" by 28"
- 14" Pillow - Fabric 14" by 32"
- 16" Pillow - Fabric 16" by 36"
- 18" Pillow - Fabric 18" by 40"
- For a 12" pillow mark your fabric 8" in on the longest edges.
- For a 14" pillow mark your fabric 9" in on the longest edges.
- For a 16" pillow mark your fabric 10" in on your longest edge
- For an 18 " pillow mark your fabric 11" in on your longest edge
3) Fold each end under 1/4 inch, IRON and sew a nice neat hem (see above diagram).
4) Fold your fabric, right sides together. There should be a 3 1/2" overlap for the back side of your pillow.
6) Turn the pillow case inside out, IRON and stuff your pillow inside! No need for Zippers, buttons or anything of the sort.
And that's how I make . . . . . All the pillows I've ever made! :) A pillow with only 4 lines to sew (and you could even get away with 3 lines of sewing if you only hem the side that shows, although one more line of sewing isn't going to kill you :)
I hope that helps all you other simple sewers like me!
Please excuse my crude drawings I tried to make it super simple, as my direction giving is sub-par (at best).